• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jem music

hello my name is Eric Mendez and i live in NYC. my father lives in deer field beach and is in the hospital now cause he had a stroke not long ago. i will be in Florida on the 19 th to see my dad take care of him and make sure his things are in order. his girlfriend has the keys to his home and his car but i don't think she wants to hand them over to anyone . like i said i will be there the 19th and have no place to stay . i will be basically in the street in Florida for the 12 days i took off work to see my dad. what are my rights being that i am his son to getting her to hand over the keys to my dads place. i know that i have the right to get power of attorney
to be in charge of his things. i don't know how long does that process take or if its even necessary to take that route. my dad cant speak and his right side is paralyzed. so she thinks that being his girlfriend for a 2 years gives her the right to speak for him and take over his things and hold the keys to his home from his children and i don't think its right or fair. so where do i even stand at this point ? do i have the right to obtain those keys from her ? what steps should i take ?****************************.Eric MendezWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

hello my name is Eric Mendez and i live in NYC. my father lives in deer field beach and is in the hospital now cause he had a stroke not long ago. i will be in Florida on the 19 th to see my dad take care of him and make sure his things are in order. his girlfriend has the keys to his home and his car but i don't think she wants to hand them over to anyone . like i said i will be there the 19th and have no place to stay . i will be basically in the street in Florida for the 12 days i took off work to see my dad. what are my rights being that i am his son to getting her to hand over the keys to my dads place. i know that i have the right to get power of attorney
to be in charge of his things. i don't know how long does that process take or if its even necessary to take that route. my dad cant speak and his right side is paralyzed. so she thinks that being his girlfriend for a 2 years gives her the right to speak for him and take over his things and hold the keys to his home from his children and i don't think its right or fair. so where do i even stand at this point ? do i have the right to obtain those keys from her ? what steps should i take ?****************************.Eric MendezWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Does she live in the home?

Proserpina

At this point in time you don't have the right to decide who does or doesn't live in or stay at Dad's home.

Have you actually talked to Dad's girlfriend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">