• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Assistance ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guard913

Kansas

Need Assistance ASAP
Private For now, but in Central Timezone in USA~~~ I will be the main person helping this child, and we intend on taking action. We will be suing the state, or who ever we need to. We however need to find the correct type of attorney. Please no the state has immunity stuff I will deal with that. Just Comments, and Names of lawyers around Central America.

This is a story i would like you to hear, and comment on. What would be the next step for this young man, and what suggestions would you have?

When he was 15 he moved into a foster home little did he know that over the next 3-5 years of his residency in that home he would become closely attached with his Foster Mom, and her family. When he had turned 18 years old he and his Foster Mom had already decided that over the summer, and during holidays he could live at her house. (“She of course got approval of the Foster Care Agency”) This was because she was the only family he had, and no one else would be able to take him in. So for one year that is how it went, but then when he turned 19 yrs old he was told that due to some charges from 2004-2005 he would be unable to live in this home, (Battery Charges that had been wiped from permanent records) or even have the opportunity to visit inside the home. He and his Foster Mom were extremely upset, and stressed out, because basically they were informing him that he was going to become homeless, since he had no other family other than his Foster Mom’s. Some might believe that he had been a bad child while living at the home, but that is not the case in fact that is far from it. The time spent over at his Foster Mom’s house may not have been perfect, but he rarely got into any big trouble, and never got in the trouble with the law while located inside the residency. So there was no real risk of him being inside the home, even if for just a visit, because if he had wanted to cause any harm to any of the children in the home he would have done it while he was still a minor. This way he would not get in as much trouble, but no, he was a good child, and tried his hardest to remain that way. You might be curious as to why they allowed him to stay in the home for an entire year after his 18th birthday instead of moving him out at age 19 since the charge was still on file. Well it’s all about money. Since the realized they were not making any money off of him they wanted him gone, even though he did not take up any of the beds in the house that were qualified for foster children. he in fact stayed upstairs where the Foster Children were prohibited to go, not only by his Foster Mom, but by the Foster Care Agency.

Since you now know his story, and what has happened maybe you to feel that something should be done, because the Foster Care System is supposed to be there to support neglected children. However it seems as though the Foster Care System neglects the children more than what the children experienced in their own families. To put it more bluntly all the Foster Care System does is exchange one hell for another of great magnitude, but harder to plainly see.

**~~**
Like i said before this is not about me, but rather a child I know, and I am trying to help him out as much as possible.

Thank you.

John Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">