• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Death Certificate of Deceased Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

USAviator

What is the name of your state: Ohio

I was married ( Common-Law ). My spouse went to live with her daughter in Arizonia and passed in September of 2013. There are no licenses or certificates . I have met someone and we wish to be married , so I will need a death certificate in order to obtain a marriage license . All I have is a copy of the obituary which states that my former spouse's remains were sent to Edmonton Canada.
I had been paying court-ordered support until she passed but have no idea of how to get the required paperwork.
Would the Ohio CSPC be able to help me optain these ??

justalayman

I had been paying court-ordered support until she passed
support? of whom?

My spouse went to live with her daughter in Arizonia and passed in September of 2013.
so she was in Arizona when she died?

Would the Ohio CSPC be able to help me optain these ??
I doubt it. So far you have not even given a reason Ohio CSPC would even know about your wife.

but even if there is a reason the Ohio cspc is involved, no, they are not going to do anything for you. Have you contacted the office of vital records in Arizona?

http://www.azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records/index.php#death-certificates-apply

ecmst12

Was your common law marriage entered into before 1991? If not, then you were never married because Ohio stopped recognizing common law marriage after 1991.

xylene

You have a complex marital situation involving multiple jurisdictions and countries.

You need a family law attorney to review your case before proceeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">