• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmort169

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My father is 100% disabled and lives in Florida with his 2d wife. I live in North Carolina and have been able to call or visit him at will. This has suddenly ceased. His wife refuses to let me know when he is in the hospital. She is refusing to take my phone calls. She controls the phone by not placing a phone next to my father's bed. All I want to do is to be able to speak to my dad when I want to or to see him whenever I can get down there. His name is on the lease, phone, and all bank accounts. He has a large sum of money coming in monthly from various sources. She has only social security. I am not sure if they are still residents of SC, but he is unable to travel. If he was aware that she was denying me access to him, my father would have a fit. What recourse do I have to force this issue with her. She controls everything to do with him. She will say it's because he has Alzheimer's, which he does, but he is still aware of what is going on around him and who people are. What can I do to force her to let me talk to my father?

I'mTheFather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My father is 100% disabled and lives in Florida with his 2d wife. I live in North Carolina and have been able to call or visit him at will. This has suddenly ceased. His wife refuses to let me know when he is in the hospital. She is refusing to take my phone calls. She controls the phone by not placing a phone next to my father's bed. All I want to do is to be able to speak to my dad when I want to or to see him whenever I can get down there. His name is on the lease, phone, and all bank accounts. He has a large sum of money coming in monthly from various sources. She has only social security. I am not sure if they are still residents of SC, but he is unable to travel. If he was aware that she was denying me access to him, my father would have a fit. What recourse do I have to force this issue with her. She controls everything to do with him. She will say it's because he has Alzheimer's, which he does, but he is still aware of what is going on around him and who people are. What can I do to force her to let me talk to my father?
Not much.

When was the last time you saw your father?

dmort169

need help

I saw him over christmas, but talk to him at least once a week. Except when she won't answer the phone. Now I have found out tht she has given her son a power of attorney over my dad if anything happens to her. This is not his son. If that occurred, he would be in Tennessee and I would never get to see him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">