• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortnsweetlady

My 2 children were removed from my home in June of 2008 for neglect. My son who is 8 was placed with my brother and his wife and my daughter who is 13 was placed with my sister. A couple of days ago my nephew who is 9 told my sister that him and my son have been preforming sexual acts on each other. He also told her that my son performed sexual acts on my niece who is 4. These acts occurred outside while the adults (who were supposed to be supervising and providing a safe and nurturing environment for my children) were inside or after the adults were asleep at night. The state of Florida knew that my son and my nephew have previously done acts like this and still decided to place my children in this environment. Do you think I might have a case against the state and or other agencies involved for placing my children in a dangerous situation? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Proserpina

My 2 children were removed from my home in June of 2008 for neglect. My son who is 8 was placed with my brother and his wife and my daughter who is 13 was placed with my sister. A couple of days ago my nephew who is 9 told my sister that him and my son have been preforming sexual acts on each other. He also told her that my son performed sexual acts on my niece who is 4. These acts occurred outside while the adults (who were supposed to be supervising and providing a safe and nurturing environment for my children) were inside or after the adults were asleep at night. The state of Florida knew that my son and my nephew have previously done acts like this and still decided to place my children in this environment. Do you think I might have a case against the state and or other agencies involved for placing my children in a dangerous situation? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
What's the current custody status of the children? Where is the other parent?

Antigone*

Has CPS been called to deal with this current issue? Worry about a damned case later. Make sure the children are in a safe places and issues have been dealt with, then worry about a law suit. This should not be your priority at the moment.

Poor kids, can't win for losing

shortnsweetlady

What's the current custody status of the children? Where is the other parent?
My son was removed from my brother's home by the state only because my brother wouldn't keep him any longer because of fear that he may have done something to his son who is 2. The state would have left my son there if my brother would have kept him. My daughter is still in my sister's home with my nephew which really upsets me. I believe the state is also looking to remove her and put her into foster care also. My son is in a foster home with no other children. The other parent lives locally but is unable to care for the kids. I have done everything the state wanted me to do in my case plan except for find employment, yet they have dragged this on for over a year.

Antigone*

My son was removed from my brother's home by the state only because my brother wouldn't keep him any longer because of fear that he may have done something to his son who is 2. The state would have left my son there if my brother would have kept him. My daughter is still in my sister's home with my nephew which really upsets me. I believe the state is also looking to remove her and put her into foster care also. My son is in a foster home with no other children. The other parent lives locally but is unable to care for the kids. I have done everything the state wanted me to do in my case plan except for find employment, yet they have dragged this on for over a year.
That is a big except. I would say you're the one stalling the reunification. How do you expect to be reunified with your children if you cannot support them?

Proserpina

That is a big except. I would say you're the one stalling the reunification. How do you expect to be reunified with your children if you cannot support them?
Wireless is absolutely right, OP - you really can't blame the State for stalling when realistically speaking it's you who hasn't done what you were meant to do, y'know?

You said the State was aware that your son has had a history of what appears to be inappropriate contact - what exactly does this mean? What happened, when, and how old were the subjects?

Is your son in counseling?

I know you're concerned and probably more than a little confused - but please help us help you. There are details missing here which might make a drastic difference to what can, might or should be done about the situation.

shortnsweetlady

I am disabled and have applied for SSD. I do odd jobs for the time being. I make enough to cover my bills and have money left over to put back.

shortnsweetlady

Wireless is absolutely right, OP - you really can't blame the State for stalling when realistically speaking it's you who hasn't done what you were meant to do, y'know?

You said the State was aware that your son has had a history of what appears to be inappropriate contact - what exactly does this mean? What happened, when, and how old were the subjects?

Is your son in counseling?

I know you're concerned and probably more than a little confused - but please help us help you. There are details missing here which might make a drastic difference to what can, might or should be done about the situation.
The inappropriate contact was with my nephew when they were about 4 or 5 years old and it was sexual in nature. These incidents also occurred in my sister's home. I don't want to go into details but it went far beyond experimenting. My son is in and has been in counseling since he was removed from my home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">