• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Getting Children back in IL!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiana1971

My children are in relative foster care because my (now) ex-husband was accused of sexually abusing our 8-year-old daughter. I have since divorced him and am currently involved with a new man, whom the DCFS (Dept. of Children & Family Svcs. of Illinois) did a background check on and cleared.

However, even though my new boyfriend/fiancee has a clear background with them, the State's Attorney's Office is refusing to allow my children to come home so long as the new boyfriend is present. What I am hearing from my attorney is, is that this is 'legal' because it's up to the discretion of the judge and the recommendations set forth by DCFS and the State's Attorney's office to the court.

Is this legal and will I be forced to make him move out in order to get my children back home?

Anyone with first-hand knowledge of applicable Illinois state laws...I would greatly appreciate hearing from you on this one!

Thanks!
~Tiana1971

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">