• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to move out now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pookiebear17

I live in Tennessee and it says its legal to move out at 17. I need to know what to do cause I have enough stess at school and my parents at both houses including my steps are stessing me out so much I'm having medical problems. I have another place to move in that is a better envoriment for me. But I'm inbetween jobs right now. I just need help to move out I don't know how to get it were I can.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You don't honestly believe that running from a difficult situation is the way to lessen your stress, do you?

pookiebear17

You don't honestly believe that running from a difficult situation is the way to lessen your stress, do you?
No not really but they want me to grow up and how can i if they dont let me make the big decisions i like school im going to college and i do good they just think im a slave for them and i dont work for them there supposed to care and love not push and shove

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No not really but they want me to grow up and how can i if they dont let me make the big decisions i like school im going to college and i do good they just think im a slave for them and i dont work for them there supposed to care and love not push and shove
Push & Shove = Care & Love

ETA: Of course, that is metaphorically speaking.

pookiebear17

May I ask, what or who says it is legal to move out at 17?
the law ive look it up i just dont know how to do it i mean i pay for my own bills and even help them out with money i just need to move out so i ca succeed un like my parents cause they all of them quit high school and got prenant and messed up there lifes i want to make something of myself and i cant there if there holding me back

Ladyback1

the law ive look it up i just dont know how to do it i mean i pay for my own bills and even help them out with money i just need to move out so i ca succeed un like my parents cause they all of them quit high school and got prenant and messed up there lifes i want to make something of myself and i cant there if there holding me back

If your writing skills are any indication of anything, you have a lot to learn.

You have, at most, 3 months of this school year left. You should finish out the year. Get to where you aren't 'in between jobs', and then figure things out.

Quitting high school, getting pregnant, etc. does not always equate to messing up one's life. It does make some aspects of life more difficult. And, you do realize, without your parents quitting high school, getting pregnant, and messing up 'there lifes (sic)'; you would not be around to b*tch, moan and complain???

pookiebear17

I usually correct my grammar sweetheart I was in a hurry cause I had a job interview but, usually I fix it if it seems wrong my bad and I'm still a virgin I'm waiting till that special someone and of course I'll wait till I get a new job to move out I just need to know if I have to go to court to do so .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm still waiting for you to show me the law that says you're allowed to move out at 17 without permission. Link, please.

pookiebear17

I don't remember the exact site but I look it up as how old do you have to be to move out in Tennessee and it was the one that was .gov

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I usually correct my grammar sweetheart I was in a hurry cause I had a job interview but, usually I fix it if it seems wrong my bad and I'm still a virgin I'm waiting till that special someone and of course I'll wait till I get a new job to move out I just need to know if I have to go to court to do so .
First, lose the attitude. These posters are volunteers, and don't have to give you any advice at all.

Second, you MUST be a high-school graduate (or have plans to become one) and TOTALLY self-sufficient for the courts to even consider emancipating you. Since you're 17, by the time it makes it through the courts you'll be 18.

If there is physical abuse, call the authorities. Otherwise, take advantage of that you have a place to live, focus on you studies (especially your grammar and writing skills), and know that it's just a few more months until you can legally move out.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't remember the exact site but I look it up as how old do you have to be to move out in Tennessee and it was the one that was .gov
No, it wasn't. Because here's the one that's .gov:

http://www.tn.gov/tccy/om-rr-08.pdf

Now, once again; show me where it says you can move out without permission at 17.

pookiebear17

I don't mean for what I said to sound like I have an attitude I apologize for that and you didn't have to get snappy back that kind of hurt just a little bit cause what you don't know was that I was rape by a family member that lives close I have more then I just want to move out :'( and I do appreciate the advice just no one has answered me I just want to know how to move out I'm really responsible I toke care of myself since I was ten and my sister and brother cause my mother likes to be stuck up guys butts and I'm sorry if any of this offends you I don't want to do that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">