• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need urgent advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

photobugmel1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS
My 18 year old nephew is a Junior in High school, has been diagnosed ADHD, held back in grade school, doing much better now that he is with us. Last Sept his mother left him alone to defend for himself, no food, in a trailer that had tarps over windows as glass, no carpet, really a dump and should have been condemed, I would have done had I known the condition but we don't speak. A teacher at the school called us and said he was coming to school in same clothes and asking for money from him to but supper meals. My nephew was pretty much abandoned and had no means of supporting himself, has no drivers liscense. He was on his own approx 3 months, when the teacher reached us, neighbors had called the neglect hotline but because of his age they would only keep it on file for 6 months they said. Neighbors were feeding him also. Anyway, he begged us to come and live with us so he can finish school, we now have him and he is doing wonderful. Now, mom wants to be a mom and he doesn't want anything to do with her. He doesn't want her to even know his grades. Someone told us we can file an emancipation but I think I see that it is for under 18, he will be 19 in May. How can he keep her out of his file at the school and doctors offices, she also had 2 different social security numbers in his school file for him, neither of which were his, figure she ruined his credit at an early age, she keeps bringing up identy theft and we haven't even mentioned it to her. Can it be something simple as just him filing out new registration at school with her name off it, and having something notarized in his file that would keep school officials from releasing info to the m om? Thanks for any help I can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">