• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing legal advice this concerns a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nuttinhoney

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I am wanting to leave my husband due to abuse in the household and he is an alcoholic that refuses to get help. I have family that is willing and able to help but they are in another state. My question is can I get into trouble if I leave the state of Missouri with our son. I am desperate and need to leave soon.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I am wanting to leave my husband due to abuse in the household and he is an alcoholic that refuses to get help. I have family that is willing and able to help but they are in another state. My question is can I get into trouble if I leave the state of Missouri with our son. I am desperate and need to leave soon.
Is the abuse documented? Police Reports? Charges? CONVICTIONS?

You can move but if you take your son Dad can immediately file for custody of the child and an immediate return of the child to Missouri.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">