• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Niece Kick out of her home by parents!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigmike088

What is the name of your state (PA)?

My niece who recently turn 18 of age few weeks ago was kick out of her home by her parents last night and are refusing to give her access to the home so she can get her personal belongings like her school records birth certificate and social security card. There also refusing to give her bank debit card as well.Can she go there with the local police to get her stuff she needs?

Proserpina

My niece who recently turn 18 of age few weeks ago was kick out of her home by her parents last night and are refusing to give her access to the home so she can get her personal belongings like her school records birth certificate and social security card. There also refusing to give her bank debit card as well.Can she go there with the local police to get her stuff she needs?
She can call and ask for a civil standby, yes - but that's not a guarantee they'll help her out.

Given that this only happened last night, something happened. It might be worth giving them a day or two to calm down. All of them, that is - including your niece.

Just Blue

Yes. She can REQUEST a Civil Stand-by. IF the police will do that is another matter. She can get copies of all these thing from the bank, school, Social Security...etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">