• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contact order in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larien37

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I would like information on obtaining some sort of cease and desist action against my mother. I have repeatedly informed her to stop all contact with me and she continues to harrass me via phone, texts and online. My mother is mentally ill with bi polar and I do have a fear of her coming to my house and what she might do. She has threatened to kill other family members in the past. I do live 2 hours away which is to my benefit. I would like to avoid the police if I'm able, I heard about people on tv obtaining cease and desist letters/no contact orders through attorneys but wasn't sure if Pa has something like that. Since she has not officially threatened me I don't think that I qualify for a protection from abuse order

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I would like information on obtaining some sort of cease and desist action against my mother. I have repeatedly informed her to stop all contact with me and she continues to harrass me via phone, texts and online. My mother is mentally ill with bi polar and I do have a fear of her coming to my house and what she might do. She has threatened to kill other family members in the past. I do live 2 hours away which is to my benefit. I would like to avoid the police if I'm able, I heard about people on tv obtaining cease and desist letters/no contact orders through attorneys but wasn't sure if Pa has something like that. Since she has not officially threatened me I don't think that I qualify for a protection from abuse order

A cease and desist letter carries little weight in most situations (despite what you might see on TV), and none at all in this situation.

Simply stop answering her calls and texts and block her from your online networks.

If she turns up at your house, you can call the police if she doesn't leave.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My son, who lives in PA, I live in NJ, recently sent me a certified letter calling it a "Cease & Desist Order" to me. When I was recently hospitalized, I asked him to come & get the dog until I was discharged. When I was, he refused to 'allow' me to go & get the dog. He made accusations that the dog was allegedly malnourished and under exercised, an oxymoron in itself. The dog will be 13 on Jan 18, 2014. Because he lives in PA, his city PD told me one thing about this letter & on how to go about getting my dog, while my township PD in NJ told me something else & I'm caught in the middle.

Furthermore, he created a blog about me, making many false accusations, which I can prove are false, posted the link on a social network page, for all mutual family & friends to view, which I do believe is libel, resulting in numerous people removing me from their network. As embarrassing as that is, at this time, all I want is to get my dog back.

Is HIS letter an actual legal document & binding? He stated that if I tried to go get the dog, even with the PD, that they better have a warrant. I have all the papers on the dog. This is just an sheer act of defiance on his part & nothing more.

What can I do?
Don't necropost and hijack. Start your own thread. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">