• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compos Mentis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vendetta425

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania/New York.

My estranged wife has/is become mentally unfit to govern her own affairs, and I need to have the courts order an evaluation/ruling to find her non compos mentis. I hve discovered that there is housing available to her and SSDI benefits; so that she will not end up living as an 'urban camper' on the streets, or doing harm to herself or others.
How do I file a petition with Bradford County Courts to hold a Competency Hearing for her?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania/New York.

My estranged wife has/is become mentally unfit to govern her own affairs, and I need to have the courts order an evaluation/ruling to find her non compos mentis. I hve discovered that there is housing available to her and SSDI benefits; so that she will not end up living as an 'urban camper' on the streets, or doing harm to herself or others.
How do I file a petition with Bradford County Courts to hold a Competency Hearing for her?
Really? Why do you believe that she is mentally unfit? Do you believe the court will award you the ability to make decisions for her -- such as divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">