• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Custodial Rights!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reggiesr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

Please Help!
Less than one year ago, I gave my son`s father physical custody.(big mistake!) I thought since he was getting older it was what he needed (it was what he thought he wanted).
To make a long story short. I`ve been shut out! I recently filed a petition to change physical custody( we have joint, but he has physical).
MY QUESTION:
Two days ago, my 10 year old son was put in a mental hospital, because he was crying, because he didn`t want to go to school!
The hospital is telling me that I need to get info on my son from his father, because I`m not the custodial parent, But, he is shutting me out because of the up coming custody hearing.(Jan. 2005)

What are my rights?
Can I have the court date moved up?
How do I get documents of the doctor`s findings?
Can the Hospital deny me access or info to meetings about my son?

Ps.
In less than 1 year, I had complaints from my son`s teachers about body oder, his school work, crying,and his uncoopertive father! My son used to be a very happy child(now he`s not)! Now, it seems like he`s only happy when he visits us on the weekends. (he`s also grown very close to my husband)

Respectfully,
Mandy (reggiesr`s wife)

Please Help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">