• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not So Human

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teresune

California

Alright, here's the deal. I have a Siberian Husky dog, two years old about now and she means the world to me. Except there's a problem: My Ex.

When we first broke up, she took the dog with her for the next eight months. And I can prove that she was not taking care of her since she was underfed, locked in a crate most of the time, and not much attention was given to her.

Sometime in the early days of March, my ex verbally gave me back the dog because she could not support her and was "supposedly" going off to college somewhere far away.

So up to the present she's been with me. She has a great home to live in, a big backyard, the best food, the works.

I've caught wind of a hint that my ex may be wanting to take the dog back. So...I really don't know what to do.

I've saved resciepts of the food I buy her for a couple months now, I've had her animal number and her tag changed so that if she gets lost that she is returned to me...and the rest is a blank.

I know this isn't human-family related, but my dog...I really love my dog. And if my ex tried to take her back I don't know what I'd do.

Well, I did not have a bank account at the time but my ex did. We wrote the lady a check and we did get a receipt, but not sure if she has that receipt. I believe that I still have it though, 50/50 chance that it still may be in my storage filed. It WAS my money though, just through her bank account. And I'm on the vet records as well.

And my dog is mostly an indoor dog, but we take her outside when we arn't home since she'll tear up the place, to play fetch and get her to run around since she's still quite energetic.

So please anyone, help me and my situation.

Last edited:

fairisfair

California

Alright, here's the deal. I have a Siberian Husky dog, two years old about now and she means the world to me. Except there's a problem: My Ex.

When we first broke up, she took the dog with her for the next eight months. And I can prove that she was not taking care of her since she was underfed, locked in a crate most of the time, and not much attention was given to her.

Sometime in the early days of March, my ex verbally gave me back the dog because she could not support her and was "supposedly" going off to college somewhere far away.

So up to the present she's been with me. She has a great home to live in, a big backyard, the best food, the works.

I've caught wind of a hint that my ex may be wanting to take the dog back. So...I really don't know what to do.

I've saved resciepts of the food I buy her for a couple months now, I've had her animal number and her tag changed so that if she gets lost that she is returned to me...and the rest is a blank.

I know this isn't human-family related, but my dog...I really love my dog. And if my ex tried to take her back I don't know what I'd do.

Well, I did not have a bank account at the time but my ex did. We wrote the lady a check and we did get a receipt, but not sure if she has that receipt. I believe that I still have it though, 50/50 chance that it still may be in my storage filed. It WAS my money though, just through her bank account. And I'm on the vet records as well.

And my dog is mostly an indoor dog, but we take her outside when we arn't home since she'll tear up the place, to play fetch and get her to run around since she's still quite energetic.

So please anyone, help me and my situation.
what??? the woman wouldn't take cash??? your story doesn't ring true, it is obvious that SHE bought the dog.

However, you can try taking her to small claims to recoup the cost of feeding and caring for the animal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">