• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notice of continuation form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jj'smom

I'm in Orange County, California. I went to the family law facilitator's office and got a notice of continuation form to serve on my ex regarding our OSC to change visitation. Our original OSC was for 3/15 but I served him 18 days prior to the hearing instead of the 21 days that is required. so his lawyer sent me a letter stating that he and my ex refuse to go on the grounds that they weren't served properly.

To make a long story short, I just now completed this notice of continuation form. However, do "I" sign on the bottom of this form or does the person doing the servicing by mail sign the bottom of this form. On the bottom of the OSC form the signature line was reserved for the judge. But on this form it doesn't indicate who should sign it. It would make sense if I sign it since I am doing the notifying that the hearing has a new date.

Pls help. Thanks.

LegalBeagle

jj'smom said:
I'm in Orange County, California. I went to the family law facilitator's office and got a notice of continuation form to serve on my ex regarding our OSC to change visitation. Our original OSC was for 3/15 but I served him 18 days prior to the hearing instead of the 21 days that is required. so his lawyer sent me a letter stating that he and my ex refuse to go on the grounds that they weren't served properly.

To make a long story short, I just now completed this notice of continuation form. However, do "I" sign on the bottom of this form or does the person doing the servicing by mail sign the bottom of this form. On the bottom of the OSC form the signature line was reserved for the judge. But on this form it doesn't indicate who should sign it. It would make sense if I sign it since I am doing the notifying that the hearing has a new date.

Pls help. Thanks.
You insult IAAL and then post a question asking for help ? That was rather dumb considering that IAAL is an attorney in your very state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">