• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ny family court & drug testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug & alison

I am from NY state. I have a petition in family court claiming negligence...have been ordered to submit to random drug testing...I've read somewhere that this is a violation of my 5th amendment right to self incrimination, as well as my right to due process. Have looked for precedents but cannot find any.

Gracie3787

I am from NY state. I have a petition in family court claiming negligence...have been ordered to submit to random drug testing...I've read somewhere that this is a violation of my 5th amendment right to self incrimination, as well as my right to due process. Have looked for precedents but cannot find any.
The only person who would seriously ask this question would be a person who IS on drugs and is looking for a way out of being caught.

So, with that in mind- try doing this:

Get off the drugs, stay off the drugs and you won't have to worry about being able to easily pass any drug test. Simple, huh?

BTW- court ordered drug testing is NOT a violation of any of your rights.

cyjeff

Court ordered testing that YOU agree to as a condition of visitation is not a violation of your rights.

If you don't want to be tested, don't... but then don't be surprised when you lose all visitation.

Time for you to choose. Drugs or your child. Pick whichever is more important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">