• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYS - Real Estate and Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biffle123

My husband had an affair and left the home.I continued to stay in the home for 2 years raising my children until they went to college. At that time, my husband told me he was not paying me support for the oldest son anymore as he turned 21. I could not afford to stay in the house anymore so I moved into an apartment that I could afford. We made arrangements to sell the house, but once I was he changed his mind and moved in with the girlfriend & her children. He looked into refinancing and buying me out, but he said he cannot get approved. I am on the mortgage & the deed. I am struggling to make ends meet and cannot afford a lawyer while he is living in our home with 2 incomes. What are my options with this property?

Silverplum

My husband had an affair and left the home.I continued to stay in the home for 2 years raising my children until they went to college. At that time, my husband told me he was not paying me support for the oldest son anymore as he turned 21. I could not afford to stay in the house anymore so I moved into an apartment that I could afford. We made arrangements to sell the house, but once I was he changed his mind and moved in with the girlfriend & her children. He looked into refinancing and buying me out, but he said he cannot get approved. I am on the mortgage & the deed. I am struggling to make ends meet and cannot afford a lawyer while he is living in our home with 2 incomes. What are my options with this property?
Is there a reason you are not divorced, just separated for a very long time?

biffle123

Also, if I would have stayed in the house, I would have been negative, where as with the apartment, I have $150 biweekly to live on for gas/food/etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">