• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining Power of Attorney of my niece and nephew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cakd99

My sister has agreed to have her son and daughter live with me until they are 18. They are teenagers now. They will be moving from California to Arizona. Where can my sister go to provide me legal documention, i.e. Power of Attorney. They will be here next week and the local schools in Arizona said I need to have Power Attorney. Is there a form she can obtain and have it notorized or does she have to go through a attorney?

HomeGuru

Use an attorney. The POA must be notarized and be sure it is acceptable for recording in the State of Arizona.
You in essence will be the childrens legal guardians. Therefore you must be given power as attorney-in-fact from the childrens legal parents to authorize/approve school activities, medical treatment, report cards etc.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 02-11-2001 at 12:04 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">