• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ok, im 19 years old and im dating a 16 year old is that illegal in colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyjeff

Then you are SOL.

Until she is 18, what they say goes. Dating is not illegal in any state. However, HER parents get to decide where and with whom she goes.

You could always man up and talk to them... but if you were much of an adult you wouldn't be dating children anyway.

TacticalNinja

colorado dating laws (cont.)

as far as i know her parents are dip****s that dont give a damn and are simply just too strict on her

cyjeff

as far as i know her parents are dip****s that dont give a damn and are simply just too strict on her
As the father of a 16 year old, let me help you with this.

ALL sixteen year olds think their parents are clueless and overly strict.

Kinda goes with the territory.

Again, her parents are her gods. They have absolute authority over every aspect of the minor's life.

Your opinion and, for that matter, HER opinion are worthless.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A 16 year old may legally date a 19 year old IF HER PARENTS AGREE.

If they do not, then the 19 year old can find himself in serious legal trouble if he persists.

Is that clear enough for you?

TacticalNinja

colorado dating laws (cont.)

ok. i'll talk to her parents about it
and my freind wnats to know if shoplifting $3000 dollars of item would be a felony warrant

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then your "friend" needs to post a question in the appropriate forum, which is not the one on marriage and family laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">