• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of control teen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dcummings

What is the name of your state? New York

Very angry 16 soon to be 17 teen girl. Twin brother an absoulte pleasure. 13 yr old sister an absolute pleasure. Single mother, works very hard, same job 18+ years, good, warm home with a never been there father.

Teen has horrible foul mouth, everyone else is wrong, a liar, against her and her 18 year old boyfriend, local police are tired of her BS.. She is in Pre-PINS... a joke. She comes and goes as she pleases, she never helps around house, has called CPS several times, (all cases closed as unfounded) wears "stripper thongs" smokes, tells her mother she is *&&^$@!%$#%&*(*&(^&^$@%$%**&(^*%.........

Now, Mom has finally fallen to pieces, at witts end and has to make a serious change. Mother wants her out of the house for good. How do you get her out without breaking NY laws?

Help with real answers, no information found on web

L

lcollins

Has she ever had a physical altercation with the mother? If so call the police. If not, she may want to see about juvenile centers for teens with this kind of problem. Mom really should have put her foot down before things got this bad. If she's 16 and smokes where does she get them from? Why let her go out, mom can keep her home. If she fails to abide by Mom's rules, and stay out, call the police on her and see about truancy or something like that. As far as the stuff she wears, where does she get it from?? Does she work? Where is she getting the money for this? As for the boyfriend, if he's no good and is supplying her illegally with cigarettes, get a restraining order, or see about pressing charges. She is a minor.

T

thebee

The mom can petion the court for a chins petition, child in need of service. that will open up a lot of doors and the state may see fit to send her to boot camp, juvinile detention,,, what ever it takes, it ususally provides counsel and support, I used this with my own daughter a few years back, they even removed her from my home and put her into a group home for 30 days so I could take a break. Its not easy having a kid like this and untill you have , you cannot understand,,

H

hmmbrdzz

I can tell you what my neighbor did (a grandmother) in the same situation with her 16 yr old grandson, who was living with her because the mother wouldn't let the child live with her. This poor grandmother went through all kinds of services trying to get
help for this kid (and then she went through all kinds of services trying to protect herself). She called the police when he got violent, SS was involved, child protective services was involved, etc., and she was finally advised (by the system and after have exhausted all other reasonable attempts to get this unruly child out of her house) that she could pack his bags and put them on the porch but that she would probably face charges herself of "neglect". She did it. Once she packed his bags, she would not let him back into the home, she called the police, she would not accept this minor child back into her home, the police took the minor to wherever they process such cases as that. He wound up in some sort of juvenille home for about three months, he went into "therapy", he is now doing quite well for himself (6 years later), working, being a productive member of society, not getting into anymore trouble, and whatever happened to him -- it sure improved his relations with the entire family and everyone else. Everyone around here thought he'd wind up in prison within the year and pulling some hard time, as he was SO disrespectful of authority and violent. Sometimes things do work out for the better in these kinds of cases.

I hope your friend won't have to go through these same extremes. Where there's a will, there's a way.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">