• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Palimoney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ErikaS

living with boyfriend fo 3 years helped him re modle his house went everywhere as couple including buisnes trips where his boss payed for my wife as his portner, He has decided he does not want to live together anymore his house is finished. what are my rights

LdiJ

living with boyfriend fo 3 years helped him re modle his house went everywhere as couple including buisnes trips where his boss payed for my wife as his portner, He has decided he does not want to live together anymore his house is finished. what are my rights
That made almost no sense at all. However, I suspect that you have no "rights" at all either.

Either sit down with a proper keyboard and think carefully about what you are saying and explain yourself, or go get a consult with a local attorney.

Proserpina

Your rights are:

To move on with your life, and do so without the expense and inconvenience of having to obtain a divorce.

Washington State does not provide for "palimony" at all. To obtain alimony one would have to be actually legally married and for quite a bit longer than 3 years.

(LdiJ, please forgive me - I absolutely agree with your post and I'm not overstepping but...something.....made me want to answer anyway. Probably living in the area myself :eek: )

LdiJ

Your rights are:

To move on with your life, and do so without the expense and inconvenience of having to obtain a divorce.

Washington State does not provide for "palimony" at all. To obtain alimony one would have to be actually legally married and for quite a bit longer than 3 years.

(LdiJ, please forgive me - I absolutely agree with your post and I'm not overstepping but...something.....made me want to answer anyway. Probably living in the area myself :eek: )
You are probably correct. However she made so little sense that I felt compelled to give her a chance to explain herself properly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">