• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS PARENTAL CONSENT NECESSARY FOR MARRIAGE?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kerr_18

i'm in texas and what i want to know is if it is necessary to get parent's permission to get married if i am under 18, and i have been married before with parents permission,but i'm divorced already.do i need permission to remarry?

LegalBeagle

kerr_18 said:
i'm in texas and what i want to know is if it is necessary to get parent's permission to get married if i am under 18, and i have been married before with parents permission,but i'm divorced already.do i need permission to remarry?
Your kidding right ?? I think you help.. you have learnt absolutely NOTHING from the first failed marriage ?

K

kerr_18

Thanks to LegalBeagle

LegalBeagle, thanks for your reply, and I agree with you with whatever you meant.I'm 22 years old and I don't plan to get married anytime soon.I am finding info for my cousin who wants to get married again.I advised him not to,but I can't refuse to help him find out info if he can get married without his parents consent.

LegalBeagle

Re: Thanks to LegalBeagle

kerr_18 said:
LegalBeagle, thanks for your reply, and I agree with you with whatever you meant.I'm 22 years old and I don't plan to get married anytime soon.I am finding info for my cousin who wants to get married again.I advised him not to,but I can't refuse to help him find out info if he can get married without his parents consent.
Ok.. your cousin need his parents permission until he is 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">