• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental kidnapping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farhi19

California

my daughter's father took my daughter to las vegas without my knowledge or consent during my scheduled custody for a period to constitute my entire custody time. I had to notify the police who called him and he had his attorney to call me in order to gain the whereabouts of my child. i was worried sick about my child and i know that she is ok but i feel violated and hurt because this is just another one of his tactics to alienate me from my baby girl and try to gain leverage in his attempt to gain full custody and child support. my question is what can i do to protect the well being of my child, my parental rights, and to see justice served?

farhi19

it says that i'm to have my daughter from thursday after she gets out of school until sunday evening. we have joint legal custody. when i tried to contact him to find out if she went to school because he frequently keeps her at home, he ignored my calls. finally i called the police and they called him. he had his attorney to call me later that evening to tell me where my baby was but he still has her and will not bring her to me until he's good and ready which will probably be once my custody time is over.

tornado88

Then you file a motin in court for contempt. Get a copy of the police report and file it with your motion. File for contempt each and every time he pulls this. The judge will eventually see through his actions. You must attempt to pick up your child for your parenting time. If he calls you to say she won't be available you still go to pick her up as you normally would. When she is not there file a police report stating you tried and he wasn't there. Get a copy and keep it with your records.

farhi19

ex parte hearing

we had an ex parte hearing on march 4th that he and his attorney set up to accuse me of child abuse. at the hearing the judge ordered that my custody schedule remain the same but ordered that it be supervised by my mother or grandmother. the judge also requested photos of my living quarters because my ex told him that i slept outside on the patio. a court date was set up for may 4th. his attorney was instructed to provide me with a copy of my order, which i have yet to receive. i read the rules of the court and it said orders should be served in 10 days, this is now day 17 and i'm still waiting. how should i proceed? the department of children and family services was called by him and i gave my side of the story to the social worker when she called. she told me that she would be closing out the case with a letter of termination. what do i do now? would i be eligible for full custody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">