• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daisyb63

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nebraska
my daughter lives in Nebraska with her daughter. She met today with her ex-boyfriend and his attorney to sign off on Parental rights. It was agreeded that he would have my grandaughter every other weekend and and every other holiday and 2 weeks in the summer. They threw in that he would claim her on taxes every other year. She was told it was the normal...She is custodial parent. And that would be awful on her finacially since he only pays about $60 per week. (court ordered). What does she need to do at this point to have this changed...since she did have a wool put over her eyes by being told this was the "Normal" for these cases.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nebraska
my daughter lives in Nebraska with her daughter. She met today with her ex-boyfriend and his attorney to sign off on Parental rights. It was agreeded that he would have my grandaughter every other weekend and and every other holiday and 2 weeks in the summer. They threw in that he would claim her on taxes every other year. She was told it was the normal...She is custodial parent. And that would be awful on her finacially since he only pays about $60 per week. (court ordered). What does she need to do at this point to have this changed...since she did have a wool put over her eyes by being told this was the "Normal" for these cases.
How is that awful on her financially? He gets the dependency. She gets to claim EIC, daycare and various other things. Why are YOU posting here instead of her?

And the boyfriend did NOT sign off on his parental rights. He got an enforceable court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">