• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i have a 6 month old daughter that i have never seen. since before she was born i have been asking the mother to allow me to sign over my paternity rights. she has ignored my requests by putting me off. is there anyway i can do this without her? tennessee

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

i have a 6 month old daughter that i have never seen. since before she was born i have been asking the mother to allow me to sign over my paternity rights. she has ignored my requests by putting me off. is there anyway i can do this without her? tennessee
My response:

It doesn't matter whether or not she ignores you.

You can't sign aways your parental rights, duties and responsibilities unless there is someone who wishes to adopt the child, like her new husband, for example.

The State has you on the "hook" for support, and that's just the way it will stay so that the child does not become a burden to the taxpayers.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">