+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    woodie Guest

    Paternity Test negative

    I recently had a DNA patarnity test done for my alleged son of 12 years. The results came back, and there is a 0% chance that I am the father. The mother is insisting that there was a mistake (even though she was sleeping with at least 1 other guy or possibly even more at the time of conception) she wants me to submit to another test even though the Kansas Social Services Case Worker (who is an attorney) has requested that the case be closed.
    At the time of birth I signed the birth certificate even though I was in doubt and felt that I had been mislead to believe that he was my son. After his birth I lived with him for four years until I found his mother with another man. For a short while I voluntarily paid child support until I took a cut in pay. Currently he is on my families health insurance plan which is provided to me free through work.
    My questions are:
    (1) Should I submit to another test without legal counsel?

    (2) Do I need to remove my name from the birth certificate and if so how do I go about it?

    (3)What is the legal standpoint of having him on my health insurance, should I immediately have him removed or does this have to go through the courts? I can not afford to lose my health insurance!
  2. #2
    needinganswers Guest

    Lightbulb Maybe this will help

    I recently went through a similiar situation, after 6 years of paying support, I found out the child is not mine. Did you have the DNA test done through the court? Was it a "chain of custody " test? If so, no I wouldn't take another test. As far as the birth certificate, Make sure you have copies of the partenity test. Call your vital stats office or the clerk of court in the state the child resides. They will send you a recision of paternity to sign and get it witnessed. Attach a copy of the dna test to that and follow the instruction on the form. After you receive a letter back saying your name has been removed from the child's birth record, then remove the child from your health insurance. I just did all the same things I'm telling you. It may be different in your state, but if it is, I'm sure not by much. I had this done in ILL. Good Luck.
  3. #3
    Roscleo Guest

    Kansas DNA testing

    First I would like to congratulate you on getting child support dropped I am sure you probably know by now that getting cases dropped even with DNA test after 12 yrs seems to be a rarity. I am replying to your post because my husband has an "alleged 7 yr old son" He was born in Kansas and my husband signed the BC there was a judgment in Kansas back in 96' Due to him being military he was unable to go to court or even hire a lawyer to defend him in his absence Now BM is taking us to court because she collected state aid in two states and is saying my husband has not paid child support since March of 2000. We do have proof of the child support payments. Our lawyer stated that getting a DNA test done all hinges on Kansas and the past judgement that the courts stated he was determined the father in his absence. So I guess I am wondering how you managed to get the DNA test done and your child support payments dropped. Sorry I am not trying to hijack your post. If you want you can email me at
    [email]Roscleo@cox.net[/email] Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated!
  4. #4
    Shannon&Fuad is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    165
    An alleged father can be 100% excluded if he does not match on two or more DNA probes. That means that he has a 0% probability of paternity. Therefore, he CANNOT be the biological father of the child.
    The paternity test results will be either a 99.99% probability of paternity or greater, or a 0% probability of paternity. If the result is 0% then the tested man CANNOT be the biological father of the child.
    You know from the 0% probability of paternity that you ARE NOT the biological father of that child, there is no reason for you to perform the paternity test again.
    There are many more important steps that you need to take then removing your name as the father from the child's birth certificate. If you haven't done so already, have your attorney do the following:
    - Disestablish paternity between you and the child.
    - Terminate all child support obligations and income withholding orders.
    - Satisfy the delinquent child support.
    - Order the mother of the child to reimburse you for any and all monies collected for child support.
    - Have the child removed from your insurance benefits.
    - Contact the Vital Records Department with proof that you are not the child's biological father so that you may be removed from the birth certificate as the father.
    If you have any further questions or disagree with what I have advised you may contact me at [email]fuadokic@aol.com[/email]
    Thanks, Shannon

    My post
    "Wrongfully Collected Child Support" by Shannon&Fuad

Similar Threads

  1. Negative Drug Test
    By D-Jarvis in forum Hiring, Firing & Wrongful Termination
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:31 PM
  2. negative paternity
    By hnittinger in forum Child Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM
  3. Drug test negative but denied employment for failure of drug test?
    By sundaypainter in forum Hiring, Firing & Wrongful Termination
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 08:43 AM
  4. Paternity DNA test negative- What if?
    By unspecified in forum Child Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
  5. Paternity Testing Negative
    By Bernadette1609 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2001, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.