+ Reply to Thread
    John A. is offline Junior Member

paternity test (twice?)

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

New member here.

I was filed against in a paternity suit 20 years ago. It came down to a blood test. The test results showed that I was not the rightful father of the child. Case was dismissed by letter to both attorneys.

My question: Can I be filed against twice in the same state? It is my belief that the mother of the child remains convinced (and I believe the child also) that the test was tampered as well as the results. Can they file against me twice over?

Thanks.

John A.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John A. View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

New member here.

I was filed against in a paternity suit 20 years ago. It came down to a blood test. The test results showed that I was not the rightful father of the child. Case was dismissed by letter to both attorneys.

My question: Can I be filed against twice in the same state? It is my belief that the mother of the child remains convinced (and I believe the child also) that the test was tampered as well as the results. Can they file against me twice over?

Thanks.

John A.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    It was 20 years ago an obviously the child has aged out of child support, so no, you cannot be compelled to take a paternity test.

However, DNA testing is a lot more sophisticated and accurate than blood tests were, therefore you might want to find out.

paternity (twice)

Thanks for the reply. So, legally, nothing can be required by demand (from) the mother or the child to me? It seems I've read somewhere that once a judge has ruled out the defendant as a father that it cannot be overturned. True?
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the reply. So, legally, nothing can be required of neither the mother or the child? It seems I've read somewhere that once a judge has ruled out the defendant as a father that it cannot be overturned. True?
    Was there a JUDGMENT in the first lawsuit stating that you were not the pa?

If not, then the question has not legally been decided.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    Yes, a judgement.
    fairisfair is offline Senior Member
    you might find this appeals case interesting....

Although, of course, as SJ has already pointed out, the fact that the child has reached majority age is in this case a factor....

still.... Arkansas has no statute of limitations regarding the establishment of paternity...

hmmmmm.... things that make you go..... hmmmmmm

[url=http://courts.arkansas.gov/opinions/2005b/20051208/05-007.html]05-007[/url]

and just out of curiosity.... what makes this mother so convinced that there was monkey business with the blood test.....????

were she able to PROVE fraud, that of course would become a factor as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fairisfair View Post
    you might find this appeals case interesting....

Although, of course, as SJ has already pointed out, the fact that the child has reached majority age is in this case a factor....

still.... Arkansas has no statute of limitations regarding the establishment of paternity...

hmmmmm.... things that make you go..... hmmmmmm

[url=http://courts.arkansas.gov/opinions/2005b/20051208/05-007.html]05-007[/url]

and just out of curiosity.... what makes this mother so convinced that there was monkey business with the blood test.....????

were she able to PROVE fraud, that of course would become a factor as well.
    She claimed "fraud" because she didn't win the case. Turns out that the investigation during the court case, of her background, revealed several pregnancy terminations. Neither here nor there I suppose but it painted a picture of dishonesty. Nonetheless, the judge ordered the testing. There was no relationship between us, just a one night stand. But that's all it takes. Either way, there simply was no fraud. No one had control of that outcome other than the blood test. Now, years later, I've been informed that she also has had 2 other children by two different men, none of which were/are married to her. She's in it for money apparently or thinks life owes her something for bad judgments.

Regardless, I've carried on with my life and have my own family. My wife knows of this case but we've moved on and haven't looked back. I've washed this dirty laundry. But now she's (paternity fraud mom) tracked me down through email wanting to know how "life" is?.?.?

I should have filed against her for paternity fraud then, but......

Nonetheless, if Arkansas has no limitations but I have a determination of non-fatherhood, does that make things diffferent?

Best advice?
    John
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    She claimed "fraud" because she didn't win the case. Turns out that the investigation during the court case, of her background, revealed several pregnancy terminations. Neither here nor there I suppose but it painted a picture of dishonesty.
    How would that paint "...a picture of dishonesty"?