• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania-wife rights/husband incarcerated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catoga

I am in Pennsylvania. My husband was recently arrested and is looking at a lot of charges. I am not sure of the sentencing yet, but I know he will be serving time. Do I have any rights as his wife to make decisions for him? I am primarily looking to sell his car, but it is titled in his name. Also, we are waiting for a decision for a social security claim. Help, I am overwhelmed and don't know what I should do.:confused:

JETX

catoga said:
Do I have any rights as his wife to make decisions for him?
If you mean do you get some special rights because your husband is a slimy SOB who made the decision to commit a crime.... no.

I am primarily looking to sell his car, but it is titled in his name.
You can't sell someone elses property..... just because they decided to be a criminal!! :eek:

Also, we are waiting for a decision for a social security claim.
Hopefully, that SS claim will be paid to his attorney.

Help, I am overwhelmed and don't know what I should do.
First, divorce the idiot. Then go out and find a real man who doesn't have to lie, steal, cheat or whatever to make a living.

BTW, what charges is he facing??

seniorjudge

catoga said:
I am in Pennsylvania. My husband was recently arrested and is looking at a lot of charges. I am not sure of the sentencing yet, but I know he will be serving time. Do I have any rights as his wife to make decisions for him? I am primarily looking to sell his car, but it is titled in his name. Also, we are waiting for a decision for a social security claim. Help, I am overwhelmed and don't know what I should do.:confused:
Have your husband sign a power of attorney over to you so you can sell his car. Talk to the SS administration to see what forms they need for you to handle his claim.

http://www.ilrg.com/forms/powerofattorney-gd/us/pa

http://members.aol.com/DKM1/20.Cp.56.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">