• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Persistent Ex-wife...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

digialch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Ex-wife was ordered to stay in marital home and to make house payments. The temporary order signed and written by the judge states that she was to make the house payments between 1800-2000/month. I paid 4200/month in CS/M to her. She stayed in the house for two years and never made a single payment. She also caused over 50k damage to the home.

Divorce was over March 2011. I just wanted to move on - she's now suing me for 6500 bucks because for 1 year that I was unemployed, I did not have insurance provided for my children, although I did pay 3000 in medical bills - have receipts, none of which have I asked her to pay any portion of.

Since the DRA states that I was to pay $381/month for the insurance for the children (the rate that I paid while working), she states in her Order to Show Cause, that I am in contempt for not paying and for not at least giving her that money for support. My support was adjusted very low while I was unemployed - caused her to get a job.

I would like to counter-sue now for the $48,000 for missed house payments (home is 100% in my name), and $50,000 for damages to the home. If I can tack on more due to the damage to my credit rating, I'd love to do that.

Wife cannot claim bankruptcy as we're currently in bankruptcy - I'm paying 100% of that until 9/2013 when we'll be discharged. I pay 1351/month for that - she pays nothing.

I really just want her to leave me alone. That's all - I just want to explain to her attorney that if she persists I will sue her for these things and try diligently to attach any judgement (which I should get, right?) to her inheritance from her mother, who is currently paying ALL of her bills (house payment, utilities, etc.) - says she's pulling the money from her inheritance prior to her mother dying. So if there's a set amount within her mother's Will and she's receiving that now, couldn't I attach to that? Or threaten to try? Or would I sound silly?

I don't really want to do this - I just want her to drop her suit and go away, but I will follow through - just want to make sure I have a case.

I spent a great deal of money (25k) on my attorney for the divorce and I would sincerely like to keep the funds that I continue to spend on this at a minimum, but... What's a guy to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">