• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property recovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alsweetheart

wish to take my personal property from mother's home, mine as well as my 3 month old son's. she won't allow me to have it. had to leave because of volience and drug abuse going on in home. had to leave with only clothes on and no baby things only his diaper bag and 1 blanket. police were involved and they would not let me take anything. Could you please let me know if local sheriff's dept. can be legally made to help me? I live in Alabama. Thank You

S

sloren

Alsweetheart,
I am not a lawyer, But if I were in your place and had exhausted all amicable means, I would file a claim in small claims court for a dollar amount in damages, when she is served , she may decide it may be better to concede and return your property....If you win in small court and with what you have posted and she is just being vedictive, you will, Your mother will also be lible for your attorneys
fees..............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">