• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petition to terminate guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordan2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My daughter will be 18 in October of 2009. I am her natural father and guardian of some money she received when her Mom died 7 years ago. I file all of her annual reports myself. I am looking for a sample petition to terminate the guardianship. I also want to convert her account into a spendthrift trust. She is agreeable to my doing this. Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My daughter will be 18 in October of 2009. I am her natural father and guardian of some money she received when her Mom died 7 years ago. I file all of her annual reports myself. I am looking for a sample petition to terminate the guardianship. I also want to convert her account into a spendthrift trust. She is agreeable to my doing this. Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The best thing to do will be to get a consult with a local attorney to find out how to convert the account to a trust.
Unless your daughter is legally disabled, the guardianship should automatically end when she turns 18, but you should still ask the attorney to make sure.

You can get a very low cost consult by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer refferal service at 1-800-342-8011.

jordan2

Thank you for your reply. My daughter is not disabled.

Is there any place on the internet where I can find "samples" of spendthrift trusts for Florida? I simply want some ideas and to know what can be included insofar as asset protection and the different ways the money can be distributed to her over time.

Gracie3787

Thank you for your reply. My daughter is not disabled.

Is there any place on the internet where I can find "samples" of spendthrift trusts for Florida? I simply want some ideas and to know what can be included insofar as asset protection and the different ways the money can be distributed to her over time.
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. You'll probably get some answers by posting the question in this forum:
Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">