• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petitioner Violating Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrBrown916

I live in Georgia and have recently been served with a TPO against me from my Ex for false reasons. I am to have no contact with her or our 1 year old daughter till Ja.4,2012. She has been calling me,messaging me on facbook and coming to my house. She signed on my papaer i was served that she also would not try to attempt to contact me as it could cause me to violate the order.I have called the DA's office and they just shrugged it off. What do I need too do?

Proserpina

I live in Georgia and have recently been served with a TPO against me from my Ex for false reasons. I am to have no contact with her or our 1 year old daughter till Ja.4,2012. She has been calling me,messaging me on facbook and coming to my house. She signed on my papaer i was served that she also would not try to attempt to contact me as it could cause me to violate the order.I have called the DA's office and they just shrugged it off. What do I need too do?

There isn't a whole lot you can do until January (assuming that's the date of the hearing, yes?). Then you can explain to the court that the petitioner has been contacting you.

Until then, don't answer her calls, texts, or FB messages. If she comes to your house, contact law enforcement and make a report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">