• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelacoleman

Me and my husband have temporary custory of his kids, one 14 the other one is 10.The mother lives in South Caroline we live in Tennesse.We had our phone number changed becouse of mother being nausty and rude with us,we are not giving her our new number,but we do want her kids to talk with her,so we are letting them call her every other weekend,and keeping records of long distance calls to her.How do you think this will look in court which is in the near futher?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Pretty damn bad - - that's how it will look. You are intentionally interfering with visitation rights, even if those rights are exercised by phone.

You get another phone line; with a phone number she can call to speak to her kids anytime she wants. You are not to pick up that phone. Only the kids are allowed to pick up that phone or to call out from. You pick up the expense.

IAAL

MySonsMom

angelacoleman said:
Me and my husband have temporary custory of his kids, one 14 the other one is 10.The mother lives in South Caroline we live in Tennesse.We had our phone number changed becouse of mother being nausty and rude with us,we are not giving her our new number,but we do want her kids to talk with her,so we are letting them call her every other weekend,and keeping records of long distance calls to her.How do you think this will look in court which is in the near futher?
When you are issued temp. custody, it is not final. Therefore, you need to do anything and everything in your power to be cooperative and generous to the other parent. This is a vital time in a custody pursuit, therefore taking IAAL's suggestion would be wise.

An extra phone line would be $30/mo at the most. Is $30/mo worth not having to deal with the Mother and listen to her nastiness? I would say so.

If your husband wants to gain perm. custody of the children, he and you need to do everything right and make yourselves look very good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">