• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Advise!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newsinglemom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I'm not sure if I am doing this right, but here goes.
Short story:
I moved out of my boyfriend of 6 years house recently. We have a son together. Now he is refusing to let me in to the house to gather personal belongings until I give him a notarized statement that I will not seek child support. I just want my stuff and some of my sons' stuff back so we can start a life with familiar and sentimental items. He says the law is on his side. PLEASE HELP!!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I'm not sure if I am doing this right, but here goes.
Short story:
I moved out of my boyfriend of 6 years house recently. We have a son together. Now he is refusing to let me in to the house to gather personal belongings until I give him a notarized statement that I will not seek child support. I just want my stuff and some of my sons' stuff back so we can start a life with familiar and sentimental items. He says the law is on his side. PLEASE HELP!!!
Take him to court. Sue him for return of your personal belongings. Oh and a notarized statement doesn't mean much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">