• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nowheretoturn3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? west virginia

I am living with someone who I am not supposed to be with. There was an abuse and neglect case last year against me. That part is over now and everything with my children is okay. The person I am with was involved, he went to jail for drug charges and I had my children taken away, they lived with my parents for 5 months. I was put on an improvement period with a condition to not have any contact with the person who went to jail. He is now out, we have reconciled, we live 150 miles away from the county where all this happened. He is in rehab, working and we are happy. My problem is that at our final hearing, the judge put a permanent injunction against the man I now live with and is helping me raise my children. Is there anything I can do to lift the injunction?

Perky

Thanks but you didn't answer my question. Since you don't know the situation, I think you should butt out
That attitude will get you nowhere. Actually, I doubt that anyone here will help you to figure out a way to keep your children's abuser in their lives after a judge ruled against it.

I hope your children are getting plenty of therapy.

(Oops... I assumed he's the abuser. Maybe I'm wrong. Apologies if I am.)

nowheretoturn3

There was no abuse going on! The state police illegally did a search and seizure (which was later proven in court because my bf's charges were dropped), there were NO abuse or neglect but because of who my bf is in this tiny county, I was made an example of. I got to see my kids after 10 days. I did everything I was supposed to, passed weekly drug screens, went to therapy, took the kids to therapy, everything!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There was no abuse going on! The state police illegally did a search and seizure (which was later proven in court because my bf's charges were dropped), there were NO abuse or neglect but because of who my bf is in this tiny county, I was made an example of. I got to see my kids after 10 days. I did everything I was supposed to, passed weekly drug screens, went to therapy, took the kids to therapy, everything!
You haven't done anything. You were supposed to keep HIM away from your children and you have reconciled. And the illegal search and seizure doesn't mean that abuse or neglect did not happen. It just means you cannot be prosecuted for it unless there was other evidence. You cannot get rid of the injunction. And if he is helping you raise the children in violation of the injunction look for him to be sent to jail, you to face losing custody and your children to be taken by the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">