• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srchin4as9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny

I have asked my boyfriend to leave how do i legally make him go.we rent a house where i signed the lease and he is on as a tennent but the lease expired as of this month the landlord says now it is month to month.we have 2 children together and 1 on the way I also have a child from a previous relationship.Since we have lived together(3yr) it has been a roller coaster ride he has an alcohol/drug problem he has not done anything in front of the children but it is to the point where he dont come at night he comes in the next afternoon then sleeps the rest of the day and then it starts all over again. I have asked him to leave but he just wont go.How do I make him go I tried explaining to him that it is not good for the children to witness this behavior of him just comming home when ever he feels like exspecially the girls they are older. I just dont know what to do. Im pregnant and stressed out to the max Please help!!!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny

I have asked my boyfriend to leave how do i legally make him go.we rent a house where i signed the lease and he is on as a tennent but the lease expired as of this month the landlord says now it is month to month.we have 2 children together and 1 on the way I also have a child from a previous relationship.Since we have lived together(3yr) it has been a roller coaster ride he has an alcohol/drug problem he has not done anything in front of the children but it is to the point where he dont come at night he comes in the next afternoon then sleeps the rest of the day and then it starts all over again. I have asked him to leave but he just wont go.How do I make him go I tried explaining to him that it is not good for the children to witness this behavior of him just comming home when ever he feels like exspecially the girls they are older. I just dont know what to do. Im pregnant and stressed out to the max Please help!!!
You cannot make him leave. You do have a choice to stay or go though.

LdiJ

You cannot make him leave. You do have a choice to stay or go though.
At this point, it probably would be wisest for you to give notice to the landlord, and move somewhere else yourself. I know its a hassle, but he wouldn't be able to go with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">