• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help, advise needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markg3010

UK LAW

my wife and I split on August 18th and I moved out of the mortgaged family home. We have 2 children and she has petitioned for divorce on the grounds of unreasonabe behaviour. I currently have a family law charity acting on my behalf but this comes to an end in December for free advice. My wife has moved out of the family home and is basicaly refusing to pay anything towards mortgad bills that are jointly in her name. I have not moved back in and the house is on the market but it is at a standstill. I cannot afford all of the bills myself and now I must find a solicitor that will also cost an arm and a leg due to my current wage I apparently do not qualify for legal aid despite my outgoings.
She has been lying to me saying she no longer loved me, yet within 3 weeks of seperation she was staying in a hotel with another man (no concrete proof) and again 4 weeks later this time using my name as the other guest. She refuses to give me any explinations or remorse and this has led to the situation where I am currently not seeing my children although she is keen to get an arrangement in place all beit on her unacceptable terms.
I recently founf out from an old friend of hers that she did indeed kiss and text frequently another man before our 2 nd child was born and that the person she has been seeing might be the same person. My 2nd child is nearly 2. My slicitor is slow on the uptake and things are seriously frustrating. I have cancelled the household utilities and the house is vacant but I will struggle to meet the bills on my own and she will still claim tenance. What can I do, help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">