• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

resqone

What is the name of your state? louisiana

i'am 44 yrs old was raised by my grandmother from birth, 3yrs ago she went to her lawyer and made out a full power of attorney and last will, she gave me full power of att. starting on that date over everything,medical,monies,ect. she even put in the power of att i could make loans,mortage any properties,sell properties, even donate to self, well she took a turn for the worse a yr and a half ago with mild dementia,now she has alzheimes and only knows my wife and i,she has a 3700.00 a mo gov retirement so i talked with her doctors and the best for her was to be put in a nursing home, i never spent 1 single dime of any of her money on anything, well i found a private pay home it's total cost is on average 4500.00 to 5000.00 per mo. i have to use my own funds for the difference but i'm happy she happy and close to me, now my uncle her son was cut out the will,everything she has she willed to me,he tried to interdict last yr on my power of att. it was squashed,he will stop at nothing his lawyer keeps fileing motion after motion now i'm $12,000 into my lawyer fighting them i never had to say a word to a judge been to court 1 time when they lost,they have now filed another interdiction claiming i've misused her money,the first interdiction they were saying the home was mistreating her,the same lawyer that did my grandmothers power att. is the lawyer i have been useing to fight them, he called today to inform me they have field another motion for interdiction he needs another $3500.00 how can this be happening when my grandmother trusted in him with a full power of att.? why does a judge allow them to keep costing me this money for no reason? i've turned over to the courts all her bank statements last time and mine to prove i touched nothing the court dertermined she owed me $27,000 even though it's in the power of att. i could use her money on myself,why does her pwer of att. meen nothing to this judge? i keep asking my att. why does this keep happening,his response a interdiction over rules a power of att? well the judge ruled in my favor the first time and squashed the interdiction why is he allowing another?it's in her power of att. my grandson can used any of my funds for his own personal use if he wishes no restrictions, but like i said i have never done that,her money meens nothing to me shes my life not her money, but the court here seems to want this to keep going on and on and on i can't keep up with it it's breaking me and i'm scared i won't have the funds to keep fighting them every 6mos.! it seems the lawyer i have is making lots of money why is her power of att never brought up in court? why don't the judge say hay she had this in place and thats thats i don't no what to do anymore i'm scared he will win because i can't afford to fight him any longer, this will be $16,500 in a lawyer in 15 mos and it still might not end is there someone or some organization in louisiana who can help me,she's all i have as family and i promised her i would never let them have control over her she disowned my uncle yrs ago and wanted nothing to do with him and now theres a chance he will, how could the courts of louisiana let my grandmothers wishes in a power of att just be worth nothing?

LdiJ

You need to edit that to put in paragraphs and make sure that you double space between the paragraphs. That was really difficult to read.

Have you considered getting a consult with another attorney? It seems to me that it should be possible to convince a judge to stop this once and for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">