• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neo886

I live in Utah and really need some direction with a problem that has recently come up. Here are the facts
I have been legally married for 11 years and have a child.
My wife has been engaging in conversation via phone and computer with another Man for a couple of months.
I have confronted her about this and she and I both decided to call him and ask him to stop contacting her in any way.
He basically told me he will continue to call and email and text and that I cannot do anything about it :(

So here is where it gets more interesting......
This Man plays professional baseball for the Toronto BlueJays and is a public figure. He has sent lewd pictures and messages to my wife and I have copies of all of these.

My question here is what can I do legally? What course of action can or should I take to get this guy to leave us alone and respect our marriage?

CSO286

I live in Utah and really need some direction with a problem that has recently come up. Here are the facts
I have been legally married for 11 years and have a child.
My wife has been engaging in conversation via phone and computer with another Man for a couple of months.
I have confronted her about this and she and I both decided to call him and ask him to stop contacting her in any way.
He basically told me he will continue to call and email and text and that I cannot do anything about it :(

So here is where it gets more interesting......
This Man plays professional baseball for the Toronto BlueJays and is a public figure. He has sent lewd pictures and messages to my wife and I have copies of all of these.

My question here is what can I do legally? What course of action can or should I take to get this guy to leave us alone and respect our marriage?
Perhaps you should talk to your wife???

Neo886

Perhaps you should talk to your wife???
I totally agree with you on that and believe me that was the first thing I did. We have since resolved the issues and are working things out with a counselor. The problem we are having now is that in spite of her asking him to stop contacting her, he refuses to comply. That is when we called together and I had words with him. At this point she has blocked his telephone and email, but he simply finds another way to contact her (friends phone, different email address, etc). The constant pressure from him is proving very detrimental to her work with our marriage counselor. There is really nothing we can do about this?

ecmst12

She could file a restraining order but with him living in another country, enforcement might be difficult. She can change her phone number and email address and ignore further attempts at contact. YOU should not be speaking to him at all, either.

CSO286

I totally agree with you on that and believe me that was the first thing I did. We have since resolved the issues and are working things out with a counselor. The problem we are having now is that in spite of her asking him to stop contacting her, he refuses to comply. That is when we called together and I had words with him. At this point she has blocked his telephone and email, but he simply finds another way to contact her (friends phone, different email address, etc). The constant pressure from him is proving very detrimental to her work with our marriage counselor. There is really nothing we can do about this?
Then she needs to block his email and phone # and let her friends know to do the same.

If it rises to the level od stalking or harrassment, a RO may be in order, but right now it sounds more like scorned lover than Fatal Attraction.

Neo886

Okay fair enough**************I just can't help but feel like getting some measure of satisfaction from this. I mean we are talking about a pro athlete who sent lewd pictures of himself. I really can't do anything with that legally? No wonder people choose to go different routes and leak things to the internet and what not. What about his reputation? What about the fact he knew she was married? I am supposed to just sit and take that?

CSO286

Okay fair enough**************I just can't help but feel like getting some measure of satisfaction from this. I mean we are talking about a pro athlete who sent lewd pictures of himself. I really can't do anything with that legally? No wonder people choose to go different routes and leak things to the internet and what not. What about his reputation? What about the fact he knew she was married? I am supposed to just sit and take that?
What's more important to you? Repairing your marriage or sticking it to this guy?

Silverplum

Oh.

You just want a payday.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you're both fully on-board with this, then it's not really difficult for your ex to stop having contact with the guy. I suspect your ex is not as committed to this as you may think.

Silverplum

If you're both fully on-board with this, then it's not really difficult for your ex to stop having contact with the guy. I suspect your ex is not as committed to this as you may think.
I agree with you.

She sure gave the other guy plenty of ways to contact her. :rolleyes:

Neo886

I absolutely do not want a dime from him......if it were truly up to me about an hour in a cage would suit me just fine.

I am not pleading my wife is innocent at all, I agree with what you are saying. She has fully admitted the mistake, admitted she was flattered at the idea of a pro athlete even being interested**************.hell even I am a little :)

I'm simply looking for what I can do legally to give him a taste since I obviously cannot go to his house and give him a good beating or something.

Again I don't want money, but I do want him to have consequences as well for his actions. I would imagine this happens a lot

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">