• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plural Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmet4nzkx

You are asking hypothetical questions.
Under these circumstances there is no reason to arrest husband, however, you gave no immigration status, if wife #2 is still in the country of origin, she would not be allowed to immigrate to the USA.

DukeOfMarshall

Right, I understand that part. What I am saying is that all three are born and raised americans with legal citizenship in the US. The husband marries first wife in the US. The husband and the second wife then obtain a second citizenship in a foreign country that recognizes plural marriages and also are married there. All three now willing reside in the US where all are citizens, but only first wife and husband are US married. Could the husband then be arrested/charged with polygamy?

rmet4nzkx

DukeOfMarshall said:
Let's say somewhere like Kenya. Just a country that isn't on a restricted status by the US.
If this is totally hypothetical or you refuse to provide the facts, figure this has all been for naught.

DukeOfMarshall

Oh no, this is completely hypothetical. For the moment anyways. I am, however, thinking about marrying more than one woman in the future. I am an american citizen, born and raised though I do not have any other national citizenships at this time. I just wanted to go ahead and do as much research as possible before the time came.

rmet4nzkx

DukeOfMarshall said:
Oh no, this is completely hypothetical. For the moment anyways. I am, however, thinking about marrying more than one woman in the future. I am an american citizen, born and raised though I do not have any other national citizenships at this time. I just wanted to go ahead and do as much research as possible before the time came.
Then your plans won't fly unless you immigrate to a country recognizing polygamy and stay there. You can't do it here based on your intent as clarified which is different than presented in the begining. In the future, be up front with your questions and facts.

DukeOfMarshall

I was not attempting to hold anything back. I was merely trying to research legal assistance about something that may or may not happen in the future. My ministry is to be here in the US so that is why I am wanting to get as much legal information as possible from licensed professionals. I do not have a problem with obtaining a second citizenship from a foreign country that recognizes plural marriage.

LdiJ

DukeOfMarshall said:
I was not attempting to hold anything back. I was merely trying to research legal assistance about something that may or may not happen in the future. My ministry is to be here in the US so that is why I am wanting to get as much legal information as possible from licensed professionals. I do not have a problem with obtaining a second citizenship from a foreign country that recognizes plural marriage.
I don't believe that you have any chance of getting the US to recognize a second marriage.....even if it took place in another country. In addition, while many countries recognize dual citizenship...the US expects you to give up your American citizenship if you accept citizenship in another country.

rmet4nzkx

You misrepresented yourself here, some fine example for a "minister" If you want to have more than one wife, go start your cult in another country and give up your US citizenship. There is no help for you here.

DukeOfMarshall

Well this is obviously not the place for religious debate, but if you would like to know more about the truth of polygyny in Christianity then you may email me directly or visit my website at http://polygyny.dukeofmarshall.com/. I'm not really sure how you can classify Christianity as a cult, but I guess it all depends on your beliefs and your religion.

rmet4nzkx

Polygamy has not been recognized in mainstream Christanity since Biblical times when it was an ecconomic necessity. You are by definition a cult.
cult (kŭlt) n.

1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
2. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
2. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

[Latin cultus, worship, from past participle of colere, to cultivate.]

DukeOfMarshall

Polygyny is not a religion, but rather a type of marriage recognised by God, Jesus Christ, The Bible, and Christianity. Just because polygyny hasn't been taught or practiced for many years doesn't negate it. What's popular isn't always right and what's right isn't always popular.

"1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader."

- I haven't met anyone that has considered Christianity to be something that is extreme and it's definately not false. We Christians live in a normal manner under the guidance of our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, but not a normal human being.

"4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease."

- Christianity is definately not scientific, although as time goes on science does gradually prove Christianity more and more true.

"1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing."

- Christianity is definately not a fad. Seeing as how it's been around for thousands of years and all.

I highly recommend that you attend one of your local churches to find out more detailed/personalized information about Christianity.

zippysgoddess

Go to your other country, and leave us in peace! Even the Mormon's don't do plural marriages anymore. All of your stuff, and beliefs are BUNK!

Rushia

zippysgoddess said:
Go to your other country, and leave us in peace! Even the Mormon's don't do plural marriages anymore. All of your stuff, and beliefs are BUNK!
Gee Zippy, tell him how you REALLY feel!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">