• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posting picture of son playing in dog cage.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJC333

If I put a picture of my child on social media as my cover photo that consisted of him crawling into our dogs cage and sticking his tongue out like a dog. Can I get into trouble? Even if I write a disclaimer explaining? Is that really grounds to be jailed or get social services called. Also I have over a 100 people who could vouch for me as being a great father and all of my other pictures are of him and my fiance smiling and being happy. Is there ways to post funny things that happen that someone could take the wrong way?

LdiJ

If I put a picture of my child on social media as my cover photo that consisted of him crawling into our dogs cage and sticking his tongue out like a dog. Can I get into trouble? Even if I write a disclaimer explaining? Is that really grounds to be jailed or get social services called. Also I have over a 100 people who could vouch for me as being a great father and all of my other pictures are of him and my fiance smiling and being happy. Is there ways to post funny things that happen that someone could take the wrong way?
That is one that I simply would not post. People HAVE ended up with social services involved when their children have been put in cages of any kind.

justalayman

The perception is what could cause your trouble. If somebody thinks you actuslly do cage your child and contacts cps they are obligated to investigate. It doesn't matter that you know it is not indicative of how you deal with your child.

RedJC333

I understand completely. I guess my main question would be is there way to protect yourself from getting into trouble? For example; you have movies nowadays of minors smoking cigarettes and illegal activities. But it isn't real. How do they get away with that? My son crawled in the cage on his own. And I simply caught the moment. Im not actually locking him up and leaving the room to go do dishes or go to my friend's house. No harm is ever done to him. Just like in the movies no harm is done to the child actors.

RedJC333

I put a disclaimer on the bottom of the picture saying that I caught a moment of him crawling into the cage and he was being silly acting like our dog with his tongue out.

RedJC333

The picture is down now this is more for knowledge. And no one took it the wrong way. At least not that I know of yet. Most of the comments consisted of him being cute and silly and a good friend just said it couldoesn't be taken the wrong way. Main question I need help with: is there a way to protect yourself like the movies protect like saying no child was hurt or endangered or something.

Proserpina

The picture is down now this is more for knowledge. And no one took it the wrong way. At least not that I know of yet. Most of the comments consisted of him being cute and silly and a good friend just said it couldoesn't be taken the wrong way. Main question I need help with: is there a way to protect yourself like the movies protect like saying no child was hurt or endangered or something.
That you can't seem to see the difference between a child acting in a movie and your own child being in a cage, is really disturbing. More disturbing than your photos, honestly.

RedJC333

Wow. Just wow. I can see Im not going to get actual advice. No I do not have more than one picture that can be misconstrued i was asking for answer so I know and can inform others. The super parents that look down on others are the ones who end up with the worst behaved children. I love my kid more than anything. If you met my son and I you would do nothing but smile and laugh. I didn't come on this website to be judged. You can be disturbed all you want to be. I don't need your opinion to know if I'm a good father or not. Anyway if someone couldoes give me the answer to my question I'd appreciate it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wow. Just wow. I can see Im not going to get actual advice. No I do not have more than one picture that can be misconstrued i was asking for answer so I know and can inform others. The super parents that look down on others are the ones who end up with the worst behaved children. I love my kid more than anything. If you met my son and I you would do nothing but smile and laugh. I didn't come on this website to be judged. You can be disturbed all you want to be. I don't need your opinion to know if I'm a good father or not. Anyway if someone couldoes give me the answer to my question I'd appreciate it.
And..... you'd be wrong.

Silverplum

That's illogical.

So is tossing a tiny tantrum and still wanting more free legal help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">