• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

postnuptial agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iwantanswers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husband committed adultery and I filed a separate maintenance agreement and he then filed for a divorce. During the many court dates we decided to try and work things out. We had both court cases dismissed and had a settlement agreement (postnuptial) placed on record in our last court hearing. At this time we own two properties in the state of Michigan. I live in one and he lives in our summer vacation one. The agreement states that he must continue to deposit money in our joint account and I am to continue to make the payments on the cabin. So far that has continued to happen. I had to give up all support money from him. Both our names were to be left on the main marital home. And he was to place my name on the deed to the cabin. Eventually that got done after many arguments. During the many months of no support from him I had no choice but to file Banruptcy. It was placed on the agreement that I had to add his name to it. Which I have done.
Two other things on the agreement were that he had to be sole occupant of the cabin (he had moved the girlfriend in) and I was able to return to the cabin July 1st for the summer months.
He refuses to move her out and I have received many threatening phone calls, e-mails and texts from both him and her telling me to stay away.
I feel that I have the right to go there and have my time allowed.

Is there anything I can do to have the settlement agreement enforced? I have a copy with both of our signatures. And it was placed on record by the judge.

Thank-you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">