• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-marital agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fred siler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
I am planning on getting married. She has few assets. She owns a Mobile home, no other property. I own my own home. I have one child. My fiancee has 2. I am 62 and fiancee 63.
Can I set it up legally (with her approval )where if I should die, she would live in the home 'til she dies, and then it would pass to my daughter. I would give her half of the life insurance and My daughter half. She can leave the money from the sale of her mobile home to her children.(she puts the money into the bank on interest for them). Can this be drawn up legally here in South Carolina or does she automatically get it all??

ecmst12

You will need a real live attorney to draw up the sort of documents you will need. Ideally, you should each have separate representation to protect each of your interests.

LdiJ

You will need a real live attorney to draw up the sort of documents you will need. Ideally, you should each have separate representation to protect each of your interests.
It may be enough for them both to have carefully drawn up wills. They should consult with an attorney who specializes in that area of law.

Certainly the life insurance is no problem, he can specify beneficiaries as he likes.

Really, as long as they keep their finances separate, the only potential problem is the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">