• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre Marital Debt and Assests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fins123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
When my fiance divorced her ex-husband several years ago, she was to receive the house that they owned in the seperation of property. Apparently, his name was never removed from the title and we recently found out that he has taken a second and an equity loan on the house to save his failing business. Is their any thing my fiance can do about this, and if he defaults on his payments after we get married, will I be responsible in any way?

fins123

The property was to be divided as follows:
Ex-husband was to receive the business, two vehicles, one boat, one street motorcycle, and two dirt motorcycles.
Fiancee was to receive alimony, the house and everything that was in it, two vehicles, two dirt bikes, and two personal water craft.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The property was to be divided as follows:
Ex-husband was to receive the business, two vehicles, one boat, one street motorcycle, and two dirt motorcycles.
Fiancee was to receive alimony, the house and everything that was in it, two vehicles, two dirt bikes, and two personal water craft.
Is that the exact wording of the divorce decree (minus names)?

fins123

That is not the exact wording, but from my recollection, I would say that it is 99.9% accurate, minus the names. I would need a couple of days to retreive the actual documents to verify.

fins123

Exact Wording is as follows:
Disposition Of Community Property
The following items of commuinty property are awarded to, charged to and credited to Petitioner as her sole and seperate property:
A) Furniture, furnishings, and appliances already in the family residence
B)2003 Cevy
C) 2005 Lexus
D)Two Personal Watercraft
E)two 2001 Honda motorcyles, Calif License #.....
F) The Family reseidence located at ...
The following items of community property are awarded to, charged to and credited to Respondent as his sole and seperate property:
A) The legal entity known as (busines name), including all assests and liabilities.
Then the rest are the motorcycles, boat, and cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">