• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prenup after marriage!!(?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antiketresor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?New Jersey

Okay! this gets sticky...
My fiance was previously married... He owns a single property in TX which he plans to give it to his daughter. I'm completely okay with that however, before he obtained the decree from the previous marriage I advised him what documents he can file to make sure the ex can be removed from title etc,. All in good favor to help him.
Now he wants a prenup stipulating the sole ownership of that house. I'm work for an investing company and there will be some incentives i.e shares,stocks etc., How can I protect and /or word the contract so that i can separate myself from the property and protect my future and current earnings. Can I also add an infidelity clause just in case?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU should NOT be writing a prenup. You each need to obtain an attorney and have the attorney write the prenup.

Antiketresor

Let me correct myself I don't plan on writing the prenup.
I'm completely in agreement with his plans for his property. I just want to make sure I'm taken care of should there be a divorce in the future.

Farfalla

See an attorney about drawing up a document that lists the items from before marriage that are sole and separate property.

When I married my husband I owned a house. Sold it after we married and bought a new one with the proceeds. When i signed all the paperwork for the new house, my husband signed an agreement stating that the new house is my sole and separate property. It also states that he makes no claim to it even if marital income is used to pay the mortgage. The deed for the house and the mortgage are in my name only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">