• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prenup to keep credit scores seperate for new marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

microaz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My Fiance has spotless credit and I do not since I was caught up in the subprime mess and lost my house, laid off for awhile and got behind etc....
So my question is can a prenup help in keeping my credit score from hurting her in anyway? or can we just keep our finances seperate and that would suffice in not causing injury to her credit score?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
My Fiance has spotless credit and I do not since I was caught up in the subprime mess and lost my house, laid off for awhile and got behind etc....
So my question is can a prenup help in keeping my credit score from hurting her in anyway? or can we just keep our finances seperate and that would suffice in not causing injury to her credit score?
You keep your credit COMPLETELY separate.

LdiJ

You keep your credit COMPLETELY separate.
IE you buy nothing together, not cars, not a home, NOTHING. You do not have joint bank accounts and you do not have joint credit cards. You don't even engage in joint leases if it can be avoided.

If you do that then her credit will never be connected to yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">