• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

!!!****prenuptial agreements***!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mz6feet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

In the state of nevada, can MY income or my inheritance be anything that anyone can touch if I have a prenuptial agreement? My boyfriend and I want to get married, but he and his ex (they were never married) have 3 kids, she is on welfare, will not work, and keeps wanting us to hurry up and get married so she can take my money? Is she legally able to take from me (i have 4 kids that I have raised alone for 11 years)??????????? Either for child support (he really does not make much vs. me) or from my inheritance???

Please help!!!

cyjeff

She cannot take your money. That is yours.

However, I recommend getting a prenup ANYTIME you know that your future husband is already running away from ONE set of obligations.

mz6feet

He pays his child support, but he does not make as much as I (this other female is quite the piece of work) and I just heard that my income can determine how much he pays for child support. Say he makes 45K a year, and I make 120K, he is supposed to pay 8% of his income in child support to her. So from what I was told, they can take 50% from me = 60K add his 45K= 105K and take 8% of that total...???

cyjeff

He pays his child support, but he does not make as much as I (this other female is quite the piece of work) and I just heard that my income can determine how much he pays for child support. Say he makes 45K a year, and I make 120K, he is supposed to pay 8% of his income in child support to her. So from what I was told, they can take 50% from me = 60K add his 45K= 105K and take 8% of that total...???
Your income is separate from his and has nothing to do with his payments.

mz6feet

Thank you. I will have my fathers attorney draw up a prenup, just to be safe as far as my inheritance goes.:)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She cannot take your money. That is yours.

However, I recommend getting a prenup ANYTIME you know that your future husband is already running away from ONE set of obligations.
Slight correction -- she can take OP's money IF OP and boyfriend EVER have a joint account in which OP deposits money AND OPs' boyfriend gets behind on child support. Then OPs money can be taken to pay off any arrearages. Also, any property that OP owns JOINTLY with her love can be liened if he gets in arrears.

cyjeff

Slight correction -- she can take OP's money IF OP and boyfriend EVER have a joint account in which OP deposits money AND OPs' boyfriend gets behind on child support. Then OPs money can be taken to pay off any arrearages. Also, any property that OP owns JOINTLY with her love can be liened if he gets in arrears.
Good point.

So, OP, your best gameplan here would be to keep your money in your own account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">