• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Name Change W/ Dueling Order of Protections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guest4563

Hi everyone,

First post so please be kind. I wasn't quite sure where to post this exactly, so please let me know if I am in the wrong place.

I live in AZ. My family lost custody/guardianship of me when I was younger, simply stating they didn't want to take care of me anymore, but would like to have custody of me in order to punish me.

My mother eventually took out an Order of Protection against me, which immediately made it so they couldn't have custody anymore.

CPS took me to a foster family.

Every year since then, my mother has renewed her Order of Protection against me. None of her claims have any truth behind them and sometimes she just copies the previous claims over to the new paper with new dates.

The past few years I have also started requesting dueling Order of Protection against her and been granted them.

She has done plenty of malicious things to me and plans to "seek vengeance".

I want to move on with life. I don't want to be constantly bombarded with these little legal jabs anymore which seems to be her way of letting me know she still controls my life. I don't feel safe, nor would I feel safe for my future wife and children, keeping my legal name or social security number. I would like to change them.

I have heard that name changes need to be publicly announced in newspapers, except in certain situations.

I fear I may not be able to change my name due to the Order of Protections in place, and there isn't much point of changing my name if she knows what the new name is. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed or if it would even be possible?

Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">