• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property abandonment question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Huntinator

What is the name of your state (N.C.)?
I'm not sure if i'm in the right forum but here goes...Two and a half years ago my girlfriend decided to end our relationship and move out of the house we were renting. She was not on the lease. She did not take all of her furniture when she left and I continued to live at the location for another nine months. When I moved I took most of my belongings to a storage facility along with an entertainment center that she had left. Now she wants it back. Is she entitled to it even though she abandoned it? This would require me to take a day off work and travel 100 miles so I am not enclined. If I had'nt taken it to storage it would have been discarded anyway. Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">