• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rowan_mck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I wasn't totally sure where to put this, but since it's concerning the mother of my child, I figured I'd ask in the Family Law area.

I have joint legal custody of my child, and I know that I must provide the mother of the child with my information such as home address, phone number, etc. at all times. What I am wondering though is, do I have to tell her the name/address/phone number of where I work? My ex is a very vindictive person; in the past she has not only harassed me at work, but also lied to my coworkers and supervisors in order to sabotage me. I just got a new job and it's an extremely good opportunity for me. I'm afraid if she knows where I work she'll start all this crap up again and jeopardize my position.

I have no problem with submitting my paystubs to the court in order to calculate child support, but is there a law that says I have to tell her where I'm working?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I wasn't totally sure where to put this, but since it's concerning the mother of my child, I figured I'd ask in the Family Law area.

I have joint legal custody of my child, and I know that I must provide the mother of the child with my information such as home address, phone number, etc. at all times. What I am wondering though is, do I have to tell her the name/address/phone number of where I work? My ex is a very vindictive person; in the past she has not only harassed me at work, but also lied to my coworkers and supervisors in order to sabotage me. I just got a new job and it's an extremely good opportunity for me. I'm afraid if she knows where I work she'll start all this crap up again and jeopardize my position.

I have no problem with submitting my paystubs to the court in order to calculate child support, but is there a law that says I have to tell her where I'm working?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Is there a CS modification pending?

If not, and your court order does not specify giving work info, you probably aren't required to. But, it won't hurt to get a quick consult with a local attorney anyway.

However, if your wages are garnished for CS, you will need to notify the CSE agency with your employment info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">